The annual John Laing Awards for Professional Development acknowledge principals in every state and territory who demonstrate outstanding leadership in providing professional learning in schools. They celebrate the contribution of school leaders who have undertaken professional development, and supported the professional learning of teachers and other school leaders.
The Awards were set up in 2004 in honour of John Laing, a former Tasmanian school principal worked for PAI (then the Australian Principals Association Professional Development Council) in 1993. He was the driving force behind the first cross-sectoral professional learning projects for all principals in Australia, and was a pioneer in recognising excellence in educational learning for school leaders.
Nominations open: May 2018
Nominations close: 30 June 2018. All materials to be sent to APPA by: 31 July 2018
State events: during Oct/Nov 2018
- NT – Wednesday 10 October 5:00pm Cocktails, Double Tree by Hilton
- WA – Tuesday 16 October, 7am for 7.30am, University Club of WA, Banquet Hall South
- SA – Wednesday 31 October, 7am for 7.30am, Adelaide Oval, Function Room One
- QLD – Monday 5 November, 11.30am for 12pm, Royal on the Park, Bristol Room
- ACT – Thursday 8 November, 7am for 7.30am, Canberra Southern Cross Yacht Club, Lotus Room
- VIC – Thursday 15 November, 5pm for 5.30pm, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Frank Tate Room
- TAS – Friday 16 November, 4.30pm for 5pm, Hotel Grand Chancellor, Harbour View Room 2
- NSW – Monday 26 November, 11.30am for 12pm, Mecure Hotel, Wynyard & St James Rooms
All enquires to email@example.com