MoneySmart Principals Project
APPA is partnering with ASIC’s MoneySmart Teaching program to build the financial capability of primary school students and teachers. The program is the only national financial literacy program for schools endorsed by state and territory education departments.
Together we are running a grants program to boost teachers and their students’ financial literacy.
MoneySmart Grants for Principals
Congratulations to the nine MoneySmart grant recipients.
There are some great projects featuring market days, gardens, product development, a café, a financial literacy classroom and a multimedia project.
The first round of grant applications has closed but will reopen in the second half of 2019. This year’s projects will be showcased during the APPA National Conference in Adelaide in September.
We look forward to watching this year’s projects develop over the year.
Find out more on the MoneySmart website.
The MoneySmart Teaching program
The MoneySmart program provides free:
- Professional development for teachers aligned with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- Resources for teachers to use in their classrooms that are aligned to the Australian Curriculum and the National Consumer and Financial Literacy Framework.
- Information for teachers wanting to boost their own financial health.
MoneySmart also offers a grants program to help schools implement financial literacy projects.
The APPA: ASIC partnership
Since 2018, APPA has been working with MoneySmart to:
- Deliver grants for school-based innovative learning projects to build the financial capability of teachers, students and whole school communities.
- Promote commitment across Government, Catholic and Independent schools to build primary students’ financial capability, recognising the impact principals have on student and teacher development.